Friday, May 12, 2017

Boundary Roads

According to the brochure, "County Road 56, 57, 59, and 115 provide excellent wildlife viewing opportunities along the perimeters of the Modoc National Wildlife Refuge." Yep, I'd say that's pretty accurate!

We saw a peacock in all his glorious beauty (I guess they're called Indian Peafowl nowadays)...

He was standing out in the open, simply roaming free and giving birders like us a jolt of excitement at spotting such a magnificent creature.
Peacock
I bet he never has a bad hair day with a crown of feathers like that... #jealous
This robin doesn't look particularly happy to see us driving by...
And suddenly I noticed a flock of quail in the field next to us!

Once again I'm jealous of a bird's fabulous outfit...

And then, up ahead, I spotted a white-faced ibis in the middle of a field...
We've only ever seen them in water, so it was nice to get a clear photo of one with a grass background.
All by himself in the middle of farmland...

Tomorrow we head to the Tule Lake National Wildlife Refuge...


No comments:

Post a Comment