Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Little Big Year

www.rachellevaughn.com

We watched the The Big Year the other night and once again I was delighted by this wonderful movie. I love everything about it, especially how they managed to weave in a little romance, too!


When the final credits started rolling, I couldn't help but laugh at my little list of 70 birds I've compiled for my own big year. It's already June and I know my list probably won't even reach into the hundreds, but I've enjoyed every second of it nonetheless.

www.rachellevaughn.com

Some of the birds I've seen might seem ordinary to some, but to me they are gems, each and every one. I'm particularly proud of the Bald Eagles, Osprey, and the three different woodpeckers I've seen, and I know there will be a few more to come in the last six months that are left.

I don't have the luxury of hopping on a plane and zooming across the country chasing sightings of rare (and not so rare) birds, but that's okay. I'm content to record what I see in my own backyard and to take a road trip every so often with my hubby to discover new birds for my list. Plus, our annual pass to the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge doesn't expire for a while!

Even if I don't reach 100 birds, 2016 will still be a big year to me.

www.rachellevaughn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment